Memorial Day originated as Decoration Day and is intended to remember those who have died in the service of the United States. It offers organizations an opportunity to celebrate our country’s history and demonstrate their commitment to the community and its citizens. Promotions can focus on the patriotic aspect or on the additional time for recreation that the holiday offers.
Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer and a great excuse to have a backyard BBQ or getaway to the beach or other location for the weekend or hit the beach.
While this year may be different with COVID-19, it looks like many people will want to at least have gatherings –even if it is smaller.
Businesses can take advantage of holiday shoppers by implementing some Memorial Day marketing ideas.
Many businesses will have a Memorial Day Sale with special pricing.
Useful for: Travel Agencies, Recreational Products Retail, Health Clubs, Restaurants and Hotels, Retail Stores, etc.
More Promotional Ideas For Memorial Day
- Patriotic promotional products with an imprinted business name as a giveaway
- Sponsoring and participating if is associated with remembering veterans or national heroes.
- Accent your business with summer giveaways such as beach balls, flying disc, and more.
- Rolling out new menu or products for the spring and summer.
- Hold a Summer Theme Contest. The Summer Retail Traffic Booster is a great promotion if you need or want family traffic.