Veterans Day, Formerly observed as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day, was first commemorated to celebrate the anniversary of the armistice’s signing at the end of WWI in 1918. This public holiday is intended to honor veterans of wars for their service to our country.
Useful for: All businesses and organizations that want to thank veterans who have gone to war to defend the United States’ interests.
Outcome: Demonstrates that your organization appreciates the sacrifices made by soldiers on behalf of our country.
- Give away patriotic promotional products that express thanks to veterans and have the business name imprinted on them.
- Sponsoring and participating if it is associated with remembering national heroes and veterans.
- If your business doesn’t normally offer military discounts, create one for anyone with a military ID for this day.
- Host a special volunteer event to help a local military family. For example, you could ask your employees to complete a home renovation project for a soldier who has become disabled in battle. Be sure to take photos of your volunteer event, and add them to your website and newsletter with a description of the day.
- Decorate the outside of your business or the inside with American flags.
- Have all employees wear American flag lapel pins for the whole day.
Promotional products for Veterans Day and more can be found at Bagwell Promotions – Veterans Day.