Undoubtedly, the COVID-19 Crisis disrupted many businesses in the last few years. And while there is growing concern that COVID-19 will continue to be a health issue, most companies are looking for a much better year this season.
Halloween will surely be a challenge for many communities. Still, it is not expected to be as devastating for businesses that depend on this holiday for most of their sales as in 2020.
My company generally sells a lot of promotional bags for trick-or-treating. We have seen an uptick in that market for this coming year. And a lot of churches and other non-profits have ordered for Fall Festivals or Truck-or-Treat.
The Centers for Disease Control has issued guidelines for COVID-19, which you may find helpful in planning activities.
General Safe Ideas include:
- Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household and displaying them
- Carving or decorating pumpkins outside, at a safe distance, with neighbors or friends
- Decorating your house, apartment, or living space
- Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while walking outdoors from house to house, admiring Halloween decorations at a distance.
- Have a virtual Halloween costume contest.
- Have a Halloween movie night with people you live with
- Have a scavenger hunt-style trick-or-treat search with your household members in or around your home rather than going house to house.
For ideas on how to promote your small business, NerdWallet has a post.
One good sign that things are back to normal is that most candy companies anticipate some return to normality this season. However, a sugar shortage may cause some disruptions in the candy supply.
More Fall Festival or Halloween Promotional Items
This Pumpkin Stress Reliever shown is just one of the hundreds of Fall or Halloween Promotional Items. Many can be customized with your name, logo, or message. We have one of the largest selections of Fall Promotions on the Internet. Our Halloween Retail Traffic Promotion is great for any business needing family traffic. Find more ways to promote your business on the Marketing Resource Blog Calendar of Events Page.